Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Misery


Outstretched arms, a blade in hand
Scarred veins, bleeding into the sand
Bloodshot eyes, every tear well-spent
Cutting swift, hoping I will mend.

Is it a sin to feel so much pain?
Looking up, waiting for the absent rain?
Is it alright to feel this good?
Coughing blood the way I should?

Misery loves company, they say
And if misery loves you, then you will pay
A shiny silver coin equals hurt
If you pay well, it will hit in spurts.

So misery will you be my friend?
And my wounds, will you tend?
Splints and bandages, shrieks and sobs
And the voices baying like rampant mobs.

And television, will you heed my cries?
Whore my soul for your products and lies
I promise, I will be a good boy
Moulded in plastic, a brand new toy.

Sitting alone, shrouded in smoke
Spent ash, crushed cigarettes, crushed hopes
Loneliness, Emptiness, Pain, Solitude
No love, no courage, no fortitude.

Right, stop, here I whine again
Why love? When there's nothing to gain
I'm okay, hey, at least I tried my best
Alright, I lied, can we fuck the rest?

Shit happens man, just deal with it
Quit whining, move on, get on with it
And if you want to cry over the phone once more
She'll say, "Stop it! You're being a bore."

So, I'm sorry for being this redundant
And I'm sorry for not putting up a brave front
Well, its just that it hurts so much
And I'm afraid, with you, I'm losing touch.

So misery, be a good friend
Reach in, wrench it out, make it end
And throw my bleeding, pumping heart to the floor
Let the corpuscles flow out through the door.

And leave me dying, without a fight
Laughing in agony, 'coz it feels so right
And if they say yours is not a life well-spent
I'll tell them, "Well, misery was my friend."

1 comments:

Khushi said...

really good....but why don't you ever write anything happy???