Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Little Things

(This one's for you, my friend)

Teardrops, jewel teardrops
A June ice-cream with a cherry on top
Blue sky thoroughfares and morning dew
This, my friend, is a song for you.

Emerald grass, sprigs and all
Sleeping to the sway of the giants tall
Windchime laughs, electric smile
Calls out to me from a million miles.

Its the little things that help me through
The little things that make you, you.

Worn-out letters, a brand new sigh
Hours on the phone, days of crying
And that little thing at the end you share
"When you come calling, I'll be there."

So just stay there, I know you care
I might be late but I'll be there
And when I land up at your door
I couldn't be happier, I couldn't want more.

Because its the little things so bright and blue
The little things that make you, you.

And in the night, when the stars shine bright
I'll sing this song to the moonlight
And I promise. your world will shine
Like a crazy diamond to this rhyme.

The little things I will sing to you
Its these little things that make you, you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.