Friday, July 4, 2008

About A Gun (Some Plain Ol' Madness)

Can you hear them, baby please
Those voices inside my head
Whispering the songs of the dead
Baby, not gonna hurt you, put down your keys.

C'mon, sit down, show me your weary smile
And mumble sweet-nothings into my ear
Don't worry about the gun I hold so near
Its been my friend for miles and years.

Its alright, hush, don't you cry
You can hear them too, just try hard
Growling, biting, glass shards
They do more than just sit and sigh.

And my gun keeps them away
Keeps me safe while I fray.

Do you love me? Of course, you do
Seep within me my love, and slowly cure
You're not the disease I'm sure
You're my remedy, my drug my blues.

And they, with their bows and ties
Social grace and spiteful lies
They can't kill us, they will run
Under the gaze of my constant gun.

My gun that keeps them away
Sings me songs while I fray.

Help me with this needle, my friend
Pop it into this purple vein
Fill me with life, wash away the stain
A stain that will stay until the end.

Clean up for me, I will care
Make you bleed and staunch your wounds
Scream your hate, they will be here soon
Crawl and slither from their lair.

But my gun will keep them away
Slowly break me and help me fray.

Is this poison ennui now my life?
Can you answer my questions without fear?
Will you fake your smiles, so cold and rare?
And live your life of hurt and strife?

Could you please put this gun in my mouth?
Don't shiver baby, curl your finger
It might hurt, don't let it linger
Set me free and make me proud.

My friend, my gun take me away
I am not afraid, just too tired to fray.
Just please, please, make this go away.

1 comments:

PREETI SINGH said...

All your poems are beautiful. You will go a long way.
Preeti Singh