Friday, May 15, 2009

Day and Time

Working up a sweat on his brow
Looking at the sky, asking how
Things could turn this way around
Silence could break without a sound.

She smiles and lays her head on his arm
Unfettered eyes, a secret charm
And he says, I will be here with you
For as long as the sky above shines blue.

Smoke on the horizon, someone's home
Laugh at will, no time to mourn
And he says, talk to me, always do
And I will only tell what I think is true.

Willing prisoners of this day and time
Willing soldiers of this life.

Am I alone? She asks, are you there?
Will I wait a thousand years?
Unanswered questions, through the haze
Carrots on sticks in this maze.

He has no more words to say, he is tired
She has no more to give, thoughts retired
And they sit in silence forever more
Speaking through signals, closing all doors.

Willing travellers in this year and time
Willing prophets of this life.


0 comments: